[hylafax-users] Re: [hylafax-users] faxgetty doesn´t respond to call

Is faxgetty actually running? Try "ps -e | grep faxgetty" and see if the
process is alive. If it's not, try "telinit Q" to force init to re-read the
inittab file.

I had a similar problem on RH 6.2 and the above cured it.

At 10:12 AM 10/30/2001 +0100, Wolfgang Riedmann wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I´m having a little problem with faxgetty: it doesn´t respond to calls
>coming in. I´ve tried this on two
>different machines (Compaq ProLiant 400) with three different modems
>(different types of Elsa
>MicroLink 56k).
>
>When I access the modem with minicom and call in, I cannot see any RING
>segnalation on the
>screen. When I use the same modems on a Windows machine with HyperTerminal
>and a call
>comes in, a RING is displayed on the screen. Therefore I think there is
>something
>misconfiguration on my system.
>
>I forgot: I´m using SuSE Linux 6.3 on both machines, with hylafax 4.1
>(installed from the source
>code, not with a SuSE rpm).
>
>In my /etc/inittab I have added the line
>mo:23:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty /dev/modem
>
>Thank you in advance!
>
>Wolfgang Riedmann
>-- Wolfgang Riedmann
>-- Individuelle EDV-Lösungen - Soluzioni informatiche personalizzate
>-- I-39012 Meran, V. Laurin-Str. 2d

James Werkowski
Northlight Systems
PO Box 1