[hylafax-users] the dreaded EOP error (no and this time with a recent Hylafax)

Hi all, I 'm having trouble with the dreaded EOP error on Hylfax version
4.1 rc2 (For the full specifcations see at the end of the message)

> FaxSend[1719]: SEND: No response to EOP repeated 3 times; Giving up after
3 attempts to send same page "docq/doc284.ps;30", dirnum 0

I have read most of the mailinglist archives and although I have it running
on a 3Com/US Robotics 56 Voice Faxmodem I don't really think we can blame
it on 3Com's lousy Class 2.0 Implementation since other modems reported the
problems too, although aparently not lately. So just in case, how do I
force the modem into class 1 ?.

If I switch it to class 1.0 would that break compatibilty with higher class
fax machines or modems ?

I Have found this in the info logs however I can't remeber any of those
faxes ever failing
> DCS sent 3 times without response; Giving up after 3 attempts to send
same page
> Communication failure during Phase B/C
> No response to MPS repeated 3 times; Giving up after 3 attempts to send
same page

The same customers try to send a fax back and it does not get through with
a message ending up :
> FaxGetty[1205]: --> [4:RING]
> FaxGetty[1205]: ANSWER: Ring detected without successful handshake

Thx, Erik