Re: [hylafax-users] HTML to postscript

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 08:23:30PM -0700, Nathan Stewart wrote:
> 	I have done the conversion by hand and it works.  I have put tabs in the files for the typerules
>
> # HTML support
> 0       string  <!DOCTYPE HTML  ps      /usr/local/bin/html2ps %i >%o
> 0       string  <!doctype html  ps      /usr/local/bin/html2ps %i >%o
> 0       string  <HEAD   ps      /usr/local/bin/html2ps %i >%o
> 0       string  <head   ps      /usr/local/bin/html2ps %i >%o
> 0       string  <TITLE  ps      /usr/local/bin/html2ps %i >%o
> 0       string  <title  ps      /usr/local/bin/html2ps %i >%o
> 0       string  <HTML   ps      /usr/local/bin/html2ps %i >%o
> 0       string  <html   ps      /usr/local/bin/html2ps %i >%o
>
> I have taken out the < and ! (thinking they stood for less than and
> not) and provided offsets, but still no go.
>
> The only thing that works kinda is taking out all of the other rules,
> in which case it prints ascii postscript on the fax machine. Does
> anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I'm *guessing* you need to backslash the bracket, and maybe the bang,
but I don't remember which program applies the typerules, nor exactly
how.  Or maybe you could singlequote the strings.

Config file semantics and syntax aren't the strong point of the doco
at the moment.

Cheers,
-- jra

   "Usenet: it's enough to make you loose your mind."
     -- me