Re: [hylafax-users] Fw: cid not logging

At 12:52 PM 5/24/01 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

>> Now... could CID information be available?  Yes.  Is it?  Not without that
>> patch.
>
>Ok.  Then I'm pretty badly confused... because it won't have ever
>*heard* the CNID info if it picks up on the first ring, no?

I'm talking about function (telling HylaFAX to answer on the first ring),
and you're talking about something else.  I'm not saying that faxgetty
actually picks up the line before the CNID data is presented to it.  I am
saying that to use QualifyCID with current HylaFAX code base that you have
to instruct HylaFAX to answer on the first ring.  What HylaFAX does with
that instruction is a matter for -devel... but for -users it is enough to
say "this is how you do it".

faxgetty receives faxes, and if faxgetty "answers" on the first ring it can
then still wait for the CNID data to check it before actually picking up
the line and still answer before the second ring.  Anyway, it works - I
didn't write the code, so I can't tell you about how it works.  You can see
an example of the log at:
http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2001-04/msg00319.php

>I hope that patch is standards-track.

standards-track ?