Re: [hylafax-users] Fw: cid not logging

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 09:03:38AM -0600, Lee Howard wrote:

> That RingsBeforeAnswer setting is a problem.  CID information is generally
> only passed to the modem on the first RING.  Consequently, there is no CID
> information available on the second ring, which is when you're answering,
> and therefore all calls will be rejected unless you've compensated.

Perhaps I'm missing something... but it's my understanding that the
way modems handle that is that you get

RING

NMBR=7275552368

RING

RING

Since the CNID burst is transmitted after the first ring (to allow
the boxes to sleep), that's when the modem's deliver it, no?

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS/X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows