Re: [hylafax-users] postscript woes on win2K

At 02:11 PM 4/21/01 +0100, Jev wrote:

>This is what I meant by "No Good", the FAX-NR is not as one string
>anywhere in the postscript file, so the sambafax awk routine won't find
>it. I couldn't even find the string with vi. I sent the postscript file
>manually after, using sendfax, and it sent to a standard fax machine as
>it should have.
>
>As I said, I have played with the postscript driver options, trying the
>EPS output option amongst others, but still with out luck.

As Giulio has said, this is a common problem.  Sambafax suffers from the
assumption that there is only one way to write Postscript - a very flawed
assumption.  In most cases, however, trying various drivers or applications
has proven some successful arrangement - seems like a waste of time to me.

Feel like recoding the sambafax awk routine?  A fix wouldn't be hard... the
fix would be to *not* parse FAX-NR directly from the Postscript file itself
but rather from Ghostscript's output using ps2txt... if that makes sense.

Otherwise my suggestion would be to use Cypheus, WHFC, or some other
fill-in-the-form client.