Re: [hylafax-users] printing HylaFAX man pages

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 11:14:25PM -0600, Lee Howard wrote:
> I then opened foo.man in MS Word; adjusted the page layout to be landscape
> with .5" left and right margins, .25" top and bottom margins; and I changed
> the entire text font to be "Courier-New" size 8.

Icky... poo?

> For those of you who are Ghostscript-keen, I'm sure that this can simply be
> piped to it for printing.  (Feel free to enlighten me.)

Actually, man understands how to use troff, IIRC...

Yep.  man man says

  man -t [pagename] | gs

with whatever output redirection or switches seem appropriate, or, if
you have a native PS printer, just piped straight into lpr, ought to
work.  It assumes groff.  Adding -p $FILTERS with a list of filters
like col and ul will get them in the pipe before troff, if necessary.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink