Re: [hylafax-users] adding in new fonts

You managed somehow, inadvertantly, to quote the address of the list,
so I've reditected this back there.

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 09:02:58PM +0200, Leora Bar-Lev wrote:
> Thanks Jay for your responses. It has helped - somewhat. I think I
> have come to the conclusion that the problem is indeed in the textfmt
> part - I find that it is using Adobe font metrics files - and I do
> not have such a beast for Hebrew. I have .pcf, .bdf, and .ff files
> though. I also tried the gs -h on this system, and no font paths were
> displayed.

That's weird, but not pertinent.  In this case, the problem is that I
am fairly certain that textfmt accepts input only in ASCII, not even
ISO Latin 1, much less whatever character set Hebraic text is placed
into files in.

You will probably have to replace textfmt, entirely.

> Again - the Hylafax is bundled with my application (an
> e-commerce system that sends out notifications via (hyla)fax.

Well, the thrust of my question there was more "someone's bundling us
with something?  Cool..."  But in this case it's pertinent: was the
*app* designed to deal with Hebrew?

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink