Re: [hylafax-users] adding in new fonts

Title: RE: [hylafax-users] adding in new fonts

Now I didn't quote the group address. (I *was* wondering why I didn't get it back. :-)
Well - the answers are as such - No, the app was not designed for Hebrew - we have made the
changes on the User Interface side, to display things in Hebrew.  And, Hebrew is ISO 8589-8
character set (if I remember correctly).

With what?? And how?  I really don't know too much about fonts and how Hylafax really works.
(Sorry if my newbieness is showing through.)

Well, this app is from an American company, and although they do support European languages (Spanish,
French, etc. - basic Latin 1 characters), we did have to do the transalations ourselves.   Not too difficult
actually.  It is really just the various screens that the end user sees (and this includes the faxes that are
sent), that are translated.
I tried sending a fax of a text file that contains Hebrew characters.  I checked the fax queue as it was
processing, and was able to check the postscript file.  The Hebrew characters ended up being displayed
as \34\37 etc., (backquoted hex chars).  Here is a Hebrew word:  ωμεν"" - tell me what you see.  That is
probably what is being sent through.
Maybe another interesting point - the particular "message" that is faxed, can alternatively, be e-mailed to
the user.  When it is e-mailed - the Hebrew is fine. (Obviously, we all use mail software that supports
Hebrew. :-)  Which brings me back to my original question - How do I get Hylafax to support Hebrew???
Thanks,
Leora

Leora Bar-Lev
System Manager

Commerce.NET
Rechov Ha'Barzel 34
Tel Aviv 69710 Israel

Phone: +972-3-645-5772                      email: leorar@commercenet.co.il
Fax:     +972-3-649-6093                      URL: http://www.commercenet.co.il

This mail passed thru mail.commercenet.co.il

SiMSecured mail relay for the presence of computer viruses.