Re: [hylafax-users] my recvq directory is empty - fixed

At 06:13 AM 2/21/01 -0800, matt kaminer wrote:
>OK.  This time you were right!

Sorry, I've known all along that this was the behavior of the faxrcvd
scripts.  It was my [bad] assumption that if the image got sent somewhere
else that it wasn't needed on the HylaFAX server anymoer (as is the case in
my case).  But... I didn't write the script.

>In the new faxrcvd script, there is a line "rm .. TRUNC*"
>That removes not only the temporary .ps files but also the permanent .tiff
>files.
>
>Im not sure why you would want to automatically delete all files in the recvq
>directory, even with the new faxrcvd file.

Some of us (I) archive our faxes on FaxMaster's mail client archival system.

>My suggestion is to include a comment or remove this feature from the
script.

I'll get rid of it, comment it, and document it.

>There is no mention of this in the HOWTO or the script.

I've noticed that script writers generally don't make a lot of comments
about obvious functions.  They tend to write comments about things that
explain why something's being done a certain way rather than what is being
done - since the latter should be obvious by reading the code itself.