Re: [hylafax-users] Win-Office 2000 to Hylafax using lpd?

So what version of HylaFAX are you running?

Perhaps it's one of the versionms that didn't have the -dFIXEDMEDIA in
ps2fax.gs

Check the bottom of your ps2fax.gs amd make sure it looks like this

$CAT $fil | $PS -q \
    -sDEVICE=$device \
    -dNOPAUSE \
    -dSAFER=true \
    -sPAPERSIZE=$paper \
    -dFIXEDMEDIA \
    -r204x$vres \
    "-sOutputFile=$out" \
    -

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Johann Sijpkes wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> I've been spending several days now, trying almost every PS driver
> setting I know of to get Office 2000 to fax my documents. Finally I
> have to get on my knees and beg y'all for help...;-)
>
> Is there anyone out there who uses a Linux box with Hylafax in
> combination with Win98 clients running Microsob Office2000 where
> the documents are printed to the Linux box using lpd?
>
> I've tried the Apple, HP, Xerox PS drivers. I've got one machine
> working (which runs WIN2K) but this setup (Office2K) produces 2
> separate documents of which the first is rejected and the second is
> sended. No success at all on Win98 clients. Strange though, XCell
> sheets work fine, Word documents don't...
>
> Thanks for any tips etc.
>
> Johann

Tim Rice				Multitalents	(707) 887-1469
tim@multitalents.net