Re: [hylafax-users] Win-Office 2000 to Hylafax using lpd?

At 15:42 16.01.2001 +0100, Johann Sijpkes wrote:
>I've been spending several days now, trying almost every PS driver
>setting I know of to get Office 2000 to fax my documents. Finally I
>have to get on my knees and beg y'all for help...;-)
>
>Is there anyone out there who uses a Linux box with Hylafax in
>combination with Win98 clients running Microsob Office2000 where
>the documents are printed to the Linux box using lpd?
>
>I've tried the Apple, HP, Xerox PS drivers. I've got one machine
>working (which runs WIN2K) but this setup (Office2K) produces 2
>separate documents of which the first is rejected and the second is
>sended. No success at all on Win98 clients. Strange though, XCell
>sheets work fine, Word documents don't...

I use WinNT4/Office97 and all other WinApplications and WHFC as frontend for the Win-Users. WHFC installs a printerdevice (like LPT, COM...) in WinNT. After that you have to install a new printer (I usually use Apple640PS from the NT-CD) which points to the new printerdevice WHFC:

I don't use it with Office2K, but with a lot of other applications. I never uses lpd to print to Linux->Hylafax because WHFC is simply great.

Greetings from Germany
Horshack

--
Drink pearl, write perl, live perl!