Re: [hylafax-users] programming question

Rob Foehl wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting faxgetty to let go of a modem so I can use it
> in a C app I've been working on..
>
> Looking at whats going on, faxgetty is sitting in select() on the
> modem.. For some reason I cant manage to get it to drop out of that
> select(), but minicom can.. I've tried duplicating what minicom's doing,
> with no success..
>
> Can somebody please tell me the correct procedure for getting faxgetty to
> fall out of the select() so I can use the modem?

Your application can use modem in the following manner:

Lock modem
use modem
unLock modem.

When your app begin to use the modem the faxgetty will go out from select() and then try
to lock the modem but modem file is locked by your app so faxgetty will wait and not interfere
your app.