[hylafax-users] programming question

I'm having trouble getting faxgetty to let go of a modem so I can use it
in a C app I've been working on..

Looking at whats going on, faxgetty is sitting in select() on the
modem.. For some reason I cant manage to get it to drop out of that
select(), but minicom can.. I've tried duplicating what minicom's doing,
with no success..

Can somebody please tell me the correct procedure for getting faxgetty to
fall out of the select() so I can use the modem?

Thanks..

-Rob