Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFax ftp on port 4559

Clay Daniels wrote:

[ftp problems]

All you get is -rw-rw---- huh? I played with that ftp option but
unfortunately I didn't find a solution for this on the internet. I only
found some answers saying that this part of Hylafax doesn't work for one
or another reason (I can't remember what that was). But what I did is
adapt the file /var/spool/fax/bin/faxrcvd:

[..]
    SENDER="`$INFO $FILE | $AWK -F: '/Sender/ { print $2 }'
2>/dev/null`"
    FILENAME=`echo "$SENDER" | sed -e 's/ /-/g'`.tif
    FILENAME="$COMMID-$FILENAME"
    SENDTO=
    if [ -f etc/FaxDispatch ]; then
        . etc/FaxDispatch       # NB: FaxDispatch sets SENDTO based on
$SENDER
    fi
    (echo "To: $TOADDR"
     echo "From: The HylaFAX Receive Agent <fax>"
     echo "Subject: facsimile received from $SENDER";
     echo ""
     mv $FILE recvq/$FILENAME
     FILE=recvq/$FILENAME
     echo `/bin/cat $FAXDIR/recvq/seqf`
     echo -e "file for win: file://server1/c/docs/fax/$FILENAME\n"
     echo -e "file for unix: file:///mnt/fax/$FILENAME\n"; $INFO -n
$FILE
     echo -e "\nReceived on $DEVICE\n"
[..]

Just to give you an idea. All I do is click on the link and under linux
Netscape is starting "kfax" and under win "imaging" is started. In the
filename I entered the telephonenumber/name of the sender + the
communication-id to keep the  filename unique.

Of course you'll have to adapt the paths.

> Also, I've been playing with WHFC from Transcom as a Windows client. I'm
> able to see the faxs in the recvq, but not much else. Apparently no option
> for download, but there is a view option that requires setting up Samba on
> the server, which I may very well do.

change the /var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttySx and change the faxpermissions
to 666 or 644 (default is 600) if you want anybody to delete and read
the faxfiles. There is an option in whfc to start "imaging" or any other
program when clicking "view". I can't remember what it was but it was
something with "c:\windows\imaging %s" that you have to fill in. But I
prefer the links in the mail that hylafax sends to me. Whenever I use
windows (I almost never do) I only use whfc for sending faxes.

> Would a Samba share of recvq help my
> ftp on port 4559? Would Samba allow me to share recvq as a windows network
> folder? Any ideas?

Samba will share the faxfiles, but you have to change the permissions to
666 or 664. In /etc/smb.conf add an entry like this:

[fax]
   comment = received faxes
   browsable = yes
   path = /var/spool/fax/recvq
   valid users = user1 user2 (if you want to restrict access)
   public = no
   read only = yes (or not)

--
recursion: see recursion