[hylafax-users] HylaFax ftp on port 4559

I'm setting up a HylaFax server on a RedHat 6.2 machine here on an internal
class C network. I receive faxes just fine using the RocketModems on the
RedHat machine, and the FaxMaster gets an email, which I retrieve on a
Windows client on the network. I will probably change to having the fax
attached to the email, but for now it gives an ftp link,
ftp://192.168.1.1:4559/recvq/ which sort of works but not very well. I had
to add entries in the hosts.hfaxd to avoid getting the password windows, and
now I can see the files but cannot download them. Also, I can move up to the
top directory, ftp://192.168.1.1:4559/ , where I can see everything but the
size and date listings are not correct. I'm trying this with Internet
Explorer 5.5, but when I drop to a dos command line ftp, I get Unknown Host.

I can ftp to the regular port 21 using browser, dos command line, or WSFtp.
What I do notice is that the files have owner.group of uucp.wheel and that
to have permission to download, I must copy the file to another name and
chown it to me.me .

For my hosts.hfaxd, I'm was just calling out the ip of the client box,
192.168.1.5, although I discovered that an entry of 192.168.1. works just as
well and would be handy in that all client machines on the local network can
be specified with just one entry.

Also, I've been playing with WHFC from Transcom as a Windows client. I'm
able to see the faxs in the recvq, but not much else. Apparently no option
for download, but there is a view option that requires setting up Samba on
the server, which I may very well do. Would a Samba share of recvq help my
ftp on port 4559? Would Samba allow me to share recvq as a windows network
folder? Any ideas?

Obviously I'm missing some things here.

Clay Daniels