Bug found, but more problems

Further to my earlier postings .....

I've found (using ddd) where faxgetty crashes with a segmentation fault after
receiving a fax.  It occurs in the FaxMachineLog::vlog routine right at the end
when an attempt is made to write to the log file.  As far as I can see, one of
the parts of the log message is gibberish - maybe a pointer error?  In any
case, just bypassing this routine enables faxgetty to continue althogh all the
log information is lost :-(   Any suggestions for the culprit?

I then get a mail message to root giving the location of the fax and log files
(eg ftp://wallace:4559/log/c00000040).  However, I cannot retrieve the files.
I have edited hosts.hfaxd to include my server name, localhost and 127.0.0.1.
I can connect to the hfaxd server using ftp and list the directories.  I cannot
retrieve any files.  Can you use the KDE mail client to retrieve the files?

I have looked at the /var/spool/fax/log directory and found that all the
log files are owned by uucp and have the group wheel.  Equally, the fax files
have the same mysterious owner/group.  I am mystified as to what's happening -
help please!

TIA

  Iain Stevenson

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions