Re: Faxing HTML files

> I'm not really sure, but to my mind the html2ps-tool just converts the

html2ps converts *valid* (most web pages are not, and Front Page normally
doesn't generate it) HTML to a rendered postscript file (with optional
markup for creating hyperlinks in PDF files).  The resulting postscript
contains the effects of tags (elements) not the actual tags and, for well
written HTML, the result of running this through ps2pdf can be more
convenient than the original HTML file (the PDF version of the HTML 4
specification was created in this way).

> html-code to postscript "as is", because hylafax does not understand
> pure html. So if you want to fax such a document, it has to be converted
> to postscript. But why should the html-tags be left out...
> May be someone wants to fax the real html-code, i think this is the aim
> of html2ps.

No it is not.  What is wrong is one of:

- typerules has not be set up properly;

- typerules is being bypassed because of where the document is being
injected;

- html2ps hasn't generated the sequence that typerules is looking for
(possibly the case if you configure it not to create Document Structure
Comments.  DSC requires the use of ghostscript.

Incidentally, html2ps is very memory greedy.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions