Re: WHFC Losing User Info

OK, I give up :)

I've been trying to switch the small company I work for over to
HylaFAX running on their Linux server, but it just isn't ready for
prime time.  It looks like we're going to have to give up and go back
to WinFaxPro running on the Windows machines.

I've been battling WHFC on the Windows 2000 box, which almost works.
But the killer is HylaFAX's inability to handle certain documents and
fax machines with the "no response to MPS or EOP" error.  The large
number of people on the mailing list having this problem indicates
that I'm fighting a losing battle.  I just can't convince all the
businesses that HylaFAX can't send a fax to to buy a new machine so
HylaFAX can send them a fax, when every other fax program and fax
machine can send them a fax with no problems.

While I'm all for Linux, and all its advantages, I just can't get
around the fact that the Windows98/Windows2000 machines using
WinFaxPro are about 1000% more productive and reliable than
WHFC/HylaFAX.  (That was extremely difficult to say, I don't have a
very high opinion of WinFaxPro :)

Thanks again for everyone's help,

Mike Wilhelm
mikey@burkhelm.com

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:17:33 -0800, you wrote:

>I'm using the WHFC Windows HylaFAX client version 1.0.5 to send faxes to a
>HylaFAX server running on a SuSE Linux 6.2 machine.  I've set up the user,
>phonebook, and logging options which are used every time I start up the
>WHFC client.  These values are also used if I send a fax using the OLE
>interface from a Microsoft Access database application, sending faxes
>directly without prompting by the client.
>
>I've defined a printer (Apple LaserWriter 16/600 PS) to use the WHFCport to
>send faxes using the WHFC client interactively.  The user, phonebook, and
>logging options "disappear" when the WHFC client pops up, which makes it
>impossible to send a fax.
>
>How can I get WHFC to use the settings that have been previously defined
>(and are used by the OLE interface) when I print to the WHFC printer ???
>
>The Windows machine that's having the problem is running an evaluation
>build of Windows 2000, which I assuming to be very similar to NT4 (from a
>WHFC point-of-view).  A similar setup on a Windows 98 SE machine doesn't
>have the problem and successfully sends faxes interactively and via OLE.
>
>Thanks for any help,
>
>Mike Wilhelm
>mikey@burkhelm.com

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions