Re: HylaFAX with Macs, CGI or MacFlex?

Hi Ekkard,

> Be careful ! SuSE has stopped the developement of SuSEFax. SuSE support
> has mailed it to me in august 1999.
> Disadventages of SuSEFax as addendum to the list of
> advantaged of thomas kempf:
> 1. If you use a 15 inch monitor you donīt see the three Buttons "send",
> "polle fax" and "cancel". You donīt see it with a virtuel window manager
> like fvwm2 either. SuSE comfirmed this bug. The bug will not removed,
> see
> above.
> My trick: if you install SuSEFax from SuSE 5.3 (actual is SuSE 6.3),
> that means
> deinstall SuSEFax 6.x and install SuSEFax without Java_xy from 5.3 (see
> SuSE-ftp-server or CDīs) you will be able to
> see the top HALF (!!) of the three missing buttons on the left side
> of your 15 inch monitor - an you can work, like me (private use)!
>
> If you use a 17 inch or greater monitor, you will see all buttons.

I already changed the Dimensions of the whole Dialog-Box to show all
buttons, and sent the changes to SuSE earlier this year. But I don't know if
they included it in the SuSE Distribution CD. If you are interested in my
modified version, just drop me a mail.

> 2. SuSEFax buttons are not very convinient. If you work with SuSEFax
> very
> often, you can cope with it. Example: try to insert a name an number
> in the phonebook. You have to press several buttons in an order that is
> confusing.

this is completely true

> 3. You canīt form faxgroups. The faxes have to be sent to each receiver
>   seperately.

this is not true. the original SuSEFax already allows you to form faxgroups.
Just press the button named "serial  fax". I changed SuSEFax, so it is not just possible to form faxgroups, but to send
completely personalized faxes to members within a selected faxgroup. (you'll
net a faxcover-template in hylafax style though)

> All information refer to SuSE 6.1/ July 1999. Perhaps something has
> changed in spite of the mail I got from SuSE support-hotline.

I did not know up to now, that SuSE drops support for SuSEFax. But my
modified version is in use here since last year.
The User-interface definitely would need some changes, but apart from that it
works like a charm.
Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Thomas Kempf

Atelier Hueper