Re: HylaFAX with Macs, CGI or MacFlex?

Thomas Kempf wrote:

> Hi David,
> have you already tried SuSEFax. It is a HylaFAX-Client completely written in
> Java and runs with MRJ 2.0 or newer. We are using it in a
> Macintosh/Linux/Win95/98/NT environment without any problems. The

Be careful ! SuSE has stopped the developement of SuSEFax. SuSE support
has mailed it to me in august 1999.

Disadventages of SuSEFax as addendum to the list of
advantaged of thomas kempf:
1. If you use a 15 inch monitor you donīt see the three Buttons "send",
"polle fax" and "cancel". You donīt see it with a virtuel window manager
like fvwm2 either. SuSE comfirmed this bug. The bug will not removed,
see
above.
My trick: if you install SuSEFax from SuSE 5.3 (actual is SuSE 6.3),
that means
deinstall SuSEFax 6.x and install SuSEFax without Java_xy from 5.3 (see
SuSE-ftp-server or CDīs) you will be able to
see the top HALF (!!) of the three missing buttons on the left side
of your 15 inch monitor - an you can work, like me (private use)!

If you use a 17 inch or greater monitor, you will see all buttons.

2. SuSEFax buttons are not very convinient. If you work with SuSEFax
very
often, you can cope with it. Example: try to insert a name an number
in the phonebook. You have to press several buttons in an order that is
confusing.

3. You canīt form faxgroups. The faxes have to be sent to each receiver
  seperately.

All information refer to SuSE 6.1/ July 1999. Perhaps something has
changed in spite of the mail I got from SuSE support-hotline.

Ekkard

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions