Re: Re: Faxing Remotely

>   street from them.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>I am =
> looking=20
>   for a low-end package that will re-route that fax from the SCO box to =
> a PC or=20
>   device with a modem attached, and fax it locally.<SPAN=20
>   style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>I know there are some $8 - =
> $9,000=20

>   style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>We would sell approx. 4 a =
> month, with=20
>   average users total about 30 per, so about 120 licenses a=20

hylafax licenses are royalty free; it has a licence similar to the original
Berkeley licence.  It is possible that building it for some platforms
will require code which changes this position.

If you are prepared to use GPLed software (licence prevents restrictions
on royalty free redistribution and requires source to be provide on demand),
you should be able to implement this remote system on cast off hardware
(486 or even 386) with no software costs, other than your integration costs
and the cost of providing support.

Please don't use Word 2000 to create documents to be sent to people who
haven't given prior consent.  Plain text is all that was needed and will
be much more acceptable.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions