Re: Faxing Remotely

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Riffell
To: faq@hylafax.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 1999 2:07 AM
Subject: Faxing Remotely

I’m looking for a package that has the ability to fax from Unix thru a network node(PC or other hardware device) that has a modem attached.  Specifically, I need to fax from my main branch, where the SCO server is located, thru a modem attached to a device at my branch office.  Currently, the branch office originates the fax that then goes to the SCO server 200 miles away, to be faxed long-distance to a company across the street from them.  I am looking for a low-end package that will re-route that fax from the SCO box to a PC or device with a modem attached, and fax it locally.  I know there are some $8 - $9,000 solutions.  We have 15 remote branches, so it becomes very expensive as a whole, but each site only sends 10-15 faxes a day.  I can’t justify spending $8,000 per location.

Any ideas?

Hopefully your product is capable.  We are a software company that would use this product as a supplement to ours.  We would sell approx. 4 a month, with average users total about 30 per, so about 120 licenses a month.

Thanks,

Michael Riffell

Manager of Technical Services

MTA, Ltd.