Re: whfc: format of the ~faxXXXX.dsc files

Giulio Orsero wrote:

> 1)
> I need to extract info from the files whfc produces when used in offline
> spooling mode. It seems they are made up of a single line, with strings
> padded with null bytes.
> Is the format documented somewhere or I have to check every field
> position by hand?

Hi,

the .dsc file has the following format :
struct FaxArgs
{
        BOOL    FaxCover;		// Use faxcover ?
        BOOL    Fine;			// Should fine fax mode used ?
        char    Cover[128];		// Coversheet file
        char    Comments[512];
        char    FromCompany[40];
        char    FromFaxNr[40];
        char    FromLocation[40];
        char    FromVoiceNr[40];
        char    To[40];
        char    ToCompany[40];
        char    ToLocation[40];
        char    ToVoiceNr[40];
        int             PSize;		//  Page Size
        char    Name[40];
        int             SendEMail;	// EMail Send mode
        char    Regarding[80];
        char    Filename[128];
        char    FaxNo[512];		// Fax numbers
} ;

> 2)
> If many people point to the same (shared) dir for offline spooling, will
> whfc take care of not duplicating files names?

I don't know how good the tmpname function of windows works in
this cases. Using the same share for many people at the same time may
cause problems.

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom GbR