Re: some1 knows how to let sendfax to send a ms word doc ??

On Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 05:40:20PM +0200, Luca Domenella wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   i have this problem: i need to send a Microsoft Word 97 document using
> sendfax.
>
>   when i type: sendfax -n -m -d 07347827836 test.doc
>   i got this error: test.doc: Can not determine file type
>
>   how can i force sendfax to convert the .doc file and send it ???
>   im not a ghostscript user so if you will answer me to use ghostscript to
> convert it and then
>   send it, please.... tell me whats the syntax to convert the file....
>
>   but i think it should be another way to let sendfax convert and send the
> file.

there are two ways to achieve your goal:

1) install a postscript-printer on your windows-operating-system (I prefer apple laserwriter 16/600 ps) and inside word print out to this
printer and
select the TO-FILE-checkbox in the printer-dialog and enter .ps as file-extension. then move that file to your hylafax-server and send
it as above
2) install a fax-client on your windowsoperating-system (I prefer WHFC which is free and can be found at www.transcom.de) and print out
your worddoc to the new created fax-printer (which is actually the same printer as above on a virtual printingport) and youŽll get a
pop-up window, type in the destination-number and the client contacts hylafaxserver which will send the fax without you having to do
anything more.

peter

mag. peter pilsl

phone: +43/(0)/6763574035