Re: mailfax and sendmail setup problems

> R$+<@$+.FAX>          $#fax $@ $2 $: $1               user@host.FAX

You should not need to enter this manually as it is included in the
sendmail configuration tools.  The additional parameters in your
second example are almost certainly a bug workaround for some paper size.

> in the hylafax's server's sendmail.cf won't do any good, because mail
> sent in using our main mail relay host as the outgoing mail server does
> not now the domain <whatever>.FAX.

> So, how would I go about setting up the main mail relay server's

Define the fax relay host and rebuild the configuration file, for
at least the internet gateway relay, from the macros.

> sendmail.cf to accept delivery of <whatever.FAX> from _internal_ users,

As .FAX shouldn't look like a local domain name, the anti-relay logic in
the sendmail 8.9.x default configuration should automatically protect
you from third party users.  If you haven't got anti-relay logic, you
have much worse problems than not supporting fax.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions