Re: Anyone got mail to user.dest@fax.host.domain to work?

> I'm trying to set up HylaFAX and sendmail to use the syntax
> "user.dest@fax.host.domain" to work, rather than using "user@dest.fax", b/c our

It should be trivial with sendmail, but, if you don't have access to the
mail server, you will need to create an IP alias on the fax machine, as
a CNAME will get resolved to the normal name of the machine.

However, it will defeat the default anti-relay logic in recent sendmails
and is therefore highly inadvisable.

> mail server, which I don't have access to, appends our domain name to any
> messages we send out.

If this is an ISP relay, your real problem is preventing the whole world
using your fax gateway.

If this is a company relay, any competent mail transfer agent should be
easy to configure to route the .fax pseudo domain to you, e.g. see two
other articles on the subject.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions