mailfax and sendmail setup problems

Hi,
    I have set up hylafax on a solaris box running sendmail 8.9.1 in
"subsidiary" mode (My domain has a main mailhost relay). hylafax works
great using sendfax both locally and remote. Also, if I set up a static
aliase on the hylafax host (faxtojim: "|/usr/local/fax/bin/faxmail -d
5551212" and send to that faxtojim@host.domain, it works great also.
    My problem is in trying to get the email to fax gateway structure
put together. Because the server that the hylafax is running on is not
our domain's main mail relay, but run's sendmail in subsidiary mode, the
use of the

R$+<@$+.FAX>          $#fax $@ $2 $: $1               user@host.FAX
and
/usr/local/fax/bin/faxmail -v -n -d "$1@$2" "$3"
or
/usr/local/bin/faxmail -v -n -p 11 \
-Ml=0.75in,t=2.00in -d "$1@$2" "$3" 2>>/var/log/faxlog
(which one is correct anyway?)
in the hylafax's server's sendmail.cf won't do any good, because mail
sent in using our main mail relay host as the outgoing mail server does
not now the domain <whatever>.FAX.

So, how would I go about setting up the main mail relay server's
sendmail.cf to accept delivery of <whatever.FAX> from _internal_ users,
and then forward that mail to the server that the hylafax server runs
on, and then, what would be needed in the sendmail.cf on the server that
hylafax runs on?

While begging for help ;-), any caveats or special procedures on
automating incoming faxes to be sent directly to users?

Thanks in advance if you can help. Please email me and I will post any
suggestions that solve the problem.

Regards,

Dave
--