Re: whfc & multiple modems..

On Wed, Apr 07, 1999 at 04:15:00PM +1000, Tim Ballingall wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is a function of whfc or Hylafax, but I need to get
> some semi-intelligence happening when clients are sending faxes...
>
> Ultimately I need to select a different modem depending on the number
> dialed... The numbers may start with 02, 03 or 07 etc & I would select a
> modem corresponding to the area code given... I've started playing with
> etc/dialrules but was wondering if this is the right way to go or if in fact
> whfc can do it..

It needs to happen on the HylaFax end.  I'm not sure precisely how
you'd do it, though; I'd have to poke around a little.  I see why you
want to do it, of course; telephone tolls are great stuff, no?

Drop me a private note to remind me to poke around, won't you?

Cheers,
- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions