Re: "Waiting for modem to come ready" after sending fax

I had some troubles with flexfax too. While playing around, I changed
the modem init string in config.modem. After that the same problem as
you described.

After I set back the init string to "" the modem was ready.
So I think your problem is an error response to some of the modem
commands.

Hope it helps.
regards

Guenter Zoechbauer
EDV-Dienstleistung

"Mark G. Thomas" schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> > Sometimes when sending a fax using HylaFAX version 4.0pl1 on an SGI O2,
> > the job is not terminated properly; faxstat will keep giving "Waiting
> > for modem to come ready" messages even though the modem appears to be on
> > hook. The only way out of this state is to kill the faxgetty process. It
> > is not necessary to reset the modem or anything like that, though. This
> > does not happen every time.
>
> I'm experiencing the exact same symptoms, but with Solaris-2.6.  In my case it
> happened frequently but not always on serial ports on my Magma S-Bus card,
> but far less frequently on the Sun native ports.  At first I thought it
> only happened on the Magma ports, but then to my disappointment it happened
> a couple times in a few weeks on native Sun ports after I switched things
> around.
>
> I'd really like to know more about how faxgetty is supposed to work.  It
> seems that when the fax sending process is done, faxgetty is supposed to
> somehow notice that the port is free and re-initialize the modem.
> Faxgetty isn't just looking at lock files, but somehow is supposed to
> be able to tell that something else just stopped using the port, but this
> mechanism isn't behaving reliably for me.  I have determined that when
> the sending process is done it does not leave any stale lock files around,
> just somehow faxgetty doesn't notice the status change of the port.
>
> Mark
>
> --
> Mark G. Thomas (Mark@Misty.com -- http://www.misty.com/)

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions