Re: Which modem works best with HylaFAX?

R.E. Brouwer wrote:

> For some time now, I'm trying to configure HylaFAX to work with an US
> Robotics 56K Voice Faxmodem. I've tried different configurations, but non
> of them seem to work well. Also, in the mailing-list and on the Net, I've read
> that US Robotics modems aren't the best modems to use with HylaFAX.
>
> Is this true, and is that the reason why I can't get HylaFAX working with my
> modem?

People have got USR's working with Hylafax, however I understand that
some of the firmware's are buggy so it is a bit hit-and-miss. Often
people have operated the modem in Class 1 mode (which essentially
shifts much of the processing back to the computer).

> If it is true, what is the best modem to use with HylaFAX, so I can
> purchase a new one.

I would recommend the MultiTech MT2834Z. I have been using it for
several months and it seems to be very solid.

Damian

* Damian Ivereigh     *      ||        ||      * Cisco Systems, Inc.
*
* MIS Printer Admin   *    .||||.    .||||.    * Sydney, Australia
*
* Linux Bigot         * ..:||||||:..:||||||:.. * +61 2 8448 7344
*
* damian@cisco.com    *   cisco Systems, Inc.  * Fax: +61 2 8448 7228
*

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions