Re: Which modem works best with HylaFAX?

Our situation was exactly the same -- I never got the USR voice modem to
work so we switched to a Multitech internal modem.  That worked, but we got
corrupted output all the time.

So my final solution was to go with a Viking external 56 Kbps modem attached
via a serial cable.  That has worked like a charm (beware of the internal
Viking modems -- I found that many if not all were Winmodems)

--Tim (fredrick@acd.ucar.edu)
  NCAR/ACD Computer Systems Administration

> For some time now, I'm trying to configure HylaFAX to work with an US
> Robotics 56K Voice Faxmodem. I've tried different configurations, but non
> of them seem to work well. Also, in the mailing-list and on the Net, I've read
> that US Robotics modems aren't the best modems to use with HylaFAX.
>
> Is this true, and is that the reason why I can't get HylaFAX working with my
> modem?
>
> If it is true, what is the best modem to use with HylaFAX, so I can
> purchase a new one.
>
> If it isn't true, who has got HylaFAX working with my modem and what
> configuration should I use.
>
> My system configuration:
> Intel-based Linux 2.0.34
> HylaFAX 4.0pl2