Re: HylaFax connects, no output

On Thu, Mar 04, 1999 at 10:05:17PM -0500, Ted Behling wrote:
> I've set up a HylaFAX server on my Debian Linux box, running the 2.2.1
> kernel.  I'm using the WHFC client, and there's an ancient (don't laugh TOO
> hard) 2400 bps modem in the server, which supports only Class 1.  But, hey,
> it should work.

My snap reaction is: modems are cheap.  Get a real one.  :-)

> I would've appended logs here, but I'm not sure what would be helpful.
> I've checked all the docs I can think of, but none of them address this
> issue.  Any help in troubleshooting this would be much appreciated!

I'm afraid I think that this problem really might be your modem.  If
you can substitute something else for testing, I'll betch your problem
goes away...

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions