Hylafax sending hung

I am just beginning to use Hylafax as an outgoing-only fax server. My
installation is on SCO 5 using Hylafax version hylafax-v4.0pl2 compiled
under gcc.

Once I wrongly thought that I was sending a test fax to an external fax
machine when I was really trying to test to an internal recipient fax
machine. So I panicked and switched off the modem to stop embarrassment.

This stopped the outgoing fax OK but I was left with a faxsend process
running and no other faxes would then get past it. I tried stopping and
restarting the hfaxd and the faxq deamons but to no avail. I couldn't kill
the hung faxsend process even with -9. I checked for lock files in the
/usr/spool/uucp directory and deleted one for the modem in question but
still no good.

I ended up re-booting the system to get things moving again.

I have since had a similar problem which seemed to result from an outgoing
fax calling a bad number which it interpreted as a busy signal.

I feel there must be a better way than re-booting to get over this problem
but I have checked the documentation and FAQs and mailing list archives and
cannot find any hints on the official way to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
John.
--
John W.R. May               | Internet: jmay@tedis.com.au
TEDIS Pty., Ltd.            | Tel: +61 2 9460 8029

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions