Re: Hylafax sending hung

> the hung faxsend process even with -9. I checked for lock files in the
> /usr/spool/uucp directory and deleted one for the modem in question but
> still no good.

A failed kill -9 is normally an operating system, or hardware, problem -
on a different comms application on SCO 3.2v4.2 I have seen the serial
driver waiting for CTS before it would complete a close, even during a
kill.  At the very least make sure that you have an up to date PS database
(and therefore the correct map file for your kernel) and then note down
the symbolic value in the wchan field.  Unfortunately, Linux' use of
wchan is non-standard and not as useful as other systems.

If you are not already doing so, make sure you are using faxgetty.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions