RE: spam fax

On Tuesday, October 13, 1998 12:54 AM, Michael Agbaglo
[SMTP:byteshifter@cadac.de] wrote:
> Mike Nico Foltinek wrote:
>
> > Hello, All,
> > Um, maybe I missed something obvious in the documentation, but how do I
> > stop faxmail from sending infinite faxes? I'm running Linux 2.0, Hyla
> > 4.0p12, MultiTech 1932ZDX modem.
> > I have a send-only server, and one modem. Installation was OK so far,
until
> > the spam fax started. At least I was testing in-house. Killing the
sendfax
> > process simply starts another one. I had to turn off the modem to stop
it.
> > Please help.
> >
> > Nico (Mike) Foltinek     | mfoltinek@monk.ca
> > POS and Customer Support | Monk Office Supply, Ltd.
>
>   get a list with 'faxstat -s'
> remove the jobs with 'faxrm [jobs]'

I was a little vague when I wrote last ( I was in a rush to get home), so I
thought I'd clarify: I managed to get HylaFAX to send out a fax, so the
next step was to get faxmail working.
I have set up a mail alias:
testfax: "|/usr/local/bin/faxmail -r -d 93842553"
and I sent ONE test email to testfax from my account on the localhost. It
came out fine. I sent another ONE from a Win95 machine, and checked the fax
machine for it. The fax machine had several (didn't bother to count) copies
of the original in the tray, and another coming out. I killed the sendfax
process on the HylaFAX server, but soon thereafter another one started. I
repeated this foolishness for several sendfax processes until I turned off
the modem to stop it from transmitting, but I ended up with an email box
full of "facsimile job 28 to 93842553 failed" (where the job number
increased into the hundreds).
Is there an obvious mistake that I made? I haven't editted sendmail.cf, so
is that my problem?

Nico (Mike) Foltinek     | mfoltinek@monk.ca
POS and Customer Support | Monk Office Supply, Ltd.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions