Re: Hylafax only sending a few lines of my faxes.Please Help

We have a similar problem to Eduardo's -- Our Multitech MT2834ZPX modem
only sends 2 or 3 lines of actual fax -- and the silicon graphics logo is
only half displayed.  We believe our ghostview is working properly, so now
I'm thinking we might have an RPM for hylafax that isn't working properly.
We're attempting to fax with the following command and I'll append our
configuration file at the end of this message:

	sendfax -n -D -d 555555555 /etc/passwd

Does anyone have a Multitech MT2834ZPX modem that is working?  What version
of hylafax are you using on what machine?

Would my version of the Linux kernel matter?  I'm using a 2.1 (122) kernel
in order to take advantage of its faster NFS.

Also, how can I diagnose this problem myself?  How are people getting
the dumps in their syslogs they keep posting to this list?

Thanks in advance.  --Tim Fredrick  (fredrick@acd.ucar.edu)
                      NCAR/ACD Computer Systems Administration

> Hello everyone,
>
> I just install  HylaFAX v4.0 under SCO OS5 ; using a  Rockwell RC288DPi
> based class 2 Modem.
>
> I have a 'little' problem ...........:
>
> Every fax that I send , I can't not get more than a few lines on the
> receiving fax machine ??.
> for instance i sent a fax using the default cover page and I only got
> the silicon graphics logo and nothing else on the cover, and a2 or 3
> lines of the actual fax..

Here is our config.ttyS2 file:

ModemType:              Class2          # use class 2 interface
ModemRate:              14400           # lock rate for DCE-DTE communication
ModemFlowControl:       xonxoff
#
ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&E4           # hardware flow control
ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&E5           # software flow control
ModemSetupDTRCmd:       AT&D3           # setup so DTR drop resets modem
ModemSetupDCDCmd:       AT&C1           # setup so DCD reflects carrier (or not)
ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FAA=1        # enable adaptive-answer in class 2
ModemDialCmd:           ATDT%s@         # T for tone dialing, @ for silence
#
Class2RecvDataTrigger:  "\022"          # character sent to modem to start recv

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions