Re: trace debugging help?

Gary Sabot wrote:

> I'm installing HylaFAX v4.0pl2 on Solaris 2.6/ultra 60 using gcc 2.8.1
> (with the hylafax-gcc-2.8.x.sh patches).
>
> I can talk to the modem fine with tip.  I set up hylafax outgoing
> only, with no other monitors interfering with it, but it can't seem to
> talk to the modem (multitech 5634zbav).  Right after a I do a send,
> the modem lights briefly flicker, then nothing, then a message from
> Hylafax that repeated attempts to initialize the modem have failed.
>
> There are no new files in /var/spool/fax/log, even though my config
You get only one when sending or receiving a fax and you aren't going to
this stage.
You'll find the messages in the syslog deamon files, (if you're using
it).

> file sets ServerTracing to 11.

Which one ? There're 3 ServerTracing in Hylafax config :)
/usr/local/lib/fax/hfaxd.conf

/var/spool/fax/etc/config
Use it without faxgetty?

/var/spool/fax/etc/config.<modem>
with faxgetty use this one and log via syslog:info

Maybe you have a problem in your config.<modem> , your modem dislikes
some AT commands.

Didier

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions