Re: Faxaddmodem problems

Diana Dewi wrote:

> Hi!
> My name is Diana and i'm new with Hylafax. I have problem when
> installong fax device fo hyalfax.
> I use hylafax-v4.0pl2 and I compiled under BSDI ver3.0. I use modem
> external Zyxel U1496-E.
> When Faxaddmodem check speed of modem , it stop and then has message :
> Probing for best speed to talk to modem:
> Unable to deduce DTE-DCE speed; check that you are using the
> correct device and/or that your modem is setup properly.  If
> all else fails, try the -s option to lock the speed
>
> thank you,
> diana

Sounds to me like it can't see the modem at all. Check you are using the
right device name. Can you tip or cu to it OK (and type AT commands).
Check all your cables are good and connected into where you think they
are. If the worst comes to the worst, try running a DOS comms program
and check that it can talk to it OK.

Damian

* Damian Ivereigh     *      ||        ||      * Cisco Systems, Inc.   *
* MIS Printer Admin   *    .||||.    .||||.    * 408-526-4413          *
* Linux Bigot         * ..:||||||:..:||||||:.. * 800-800-1180 x64413   *
* damian@cisco.com    *   cisco Systems, Inc.  * Fax:   408-527-2563   *

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions