Re: PT trek

Hi John,

I know what you mean. I am not a c++ hack either and have great
difficulty working out where all these damn variables come from.

As for the lack of comments. I think it would be perfectly reasonable to
send in a patch that purely adds comment entries. I don't see any reason
why people should have to go through the same agony more than once.

Keep going! It is basically a great system, and bit-by-painful-bit we
can make it an even better one!

Damian

John Willis wrote:

> I never did figure out how to enable session tracing,
> but I think that's because I haven't sucessfully
> engaged a session.
>
> Anyway, I tracked the problem down to
>
> ModemServer.c++
>
> ModemServer::deduceModem()
> {....
> }
>
> The problem "appears?" to be that a new class
> is being declared that requires some declarations
> in other far away parts of the code.
>
> When its not declared .. the port doesn't open
> and core dump...
>
> How to track down the declarations?
>
> Crystal Ball anyone?  C++ is very unforgiving..
> it just lets you declare anonymous variables
> all over the place and leaves no coherent trail.
>
> Reminds me sorta of BASIC, only there you couldn't
> reuse variable names.
>
> I guess the next step is to try and figureout
> what the heck a Class0Modem(*this, *this) is and
> create one on the spot.. within the function..

* Damian Ivereigh     *      ||        ||      * Cisco Systems, Inc.   *
* MIS Printer Admin   *    .||||.    .||||.    * 408-526-4413          *
* Linux Bigot         * ..:||||||:..:||||||:.. * 800-800-1180 x64413   *
* damian@cisco.com    *   cisco Systems, Inc.  * Fax:   408-527-2563   *

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions