Re: resolved: flexfax windows client troubles.

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Josh Duncan wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> i figured out a fix, it works great now :)  thanks to all who helped me
> and apolgoeis if i got on the nerves of anyone
>
> For future reference here's what I did:
>
> copied a password out of /etc/shadow(solaris 2.6) into the hosts file, for
> localhost.  telneted into it, added users using the site adduser command.
> took me a while where it still failed to figure out taht when in the whfc
> client i had specified my login to be jduncan i needed to tell the hylafax
> server(via hosts file) that i was logging in as jduncan, not
> jduncan@whatever.rand.com. so now my entry looks like this:
> jduncan:3:gobbledygook
> and it works just great :) (very quick too, gotta love networking)

An alternative that you could have used would have been to use the
IP-address of the client as the first field of the hosts file

eg:
	# localhost
	127.0.0.1
	#
	# Somebody's PC
	202.37.111.4

--
Jonathan Chen                |     "In prosperity our friends know us;
<jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>        |      in adversity we know our friends."
                             |                  - John Churton Collins

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions