Re: Modem uses only 1-D format

> > Do i have to set an other parameter for using 2-D compression or
> > is this a limitation of the Zyxel Modem ?
>
> Early versions of ghostscript (possibly all Gnu ones) don't do 2D properly,
> so I think you may find that the default configuration blocks it.

Not true.  The only requirement for Ghostscript is that the tiffg32d driver be
included when Ghostscript was built.  The driver was put in the public domain years ago, and should be in the Ghostscript distributions you currently find
on the net.

As for your modem, query it with the command:

at+fdcc=?

It ought to echo back something like:

(0,1),(0-5),(0-2),(0-2),(0,1),0,0,(0-7)

The fifth item indicates the encoding capability.  The item is a range, the values are :

0 - 1-D Modified Huffman
1 - 2-D Modified Read
2 - 2-D Uncompressed mode
3 - 2-D Modified Modified Read

So (0,1) means that 2-D encoding is supported.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions