Re: Large number of errors with Hylafax and ZyXEL Omni modem

| It's hard to make sense of the numbers below(at least for me), i've got a
| small script "errorstats" which parses xferlog for errors grouping by type.
|
| Download from http://www.trump.net.au/~rjc/hylafax/

This script seems to be the same as another one that someone else just
sent me. I'm including the output from your script. The line to note is
the "Unspecified Transmit Phase B Error".

Regards, and thanks for your patience,
Shuvam
Modem: modem
Total faxes sent:                                                      6611

Error                                                           No  Rate/1000
Busy signal detected                                            21      3.2
Failure to train at 2400 bps or +FMINSP value; Giving up aft     9      1.4
No response to MPS repeated 3 times; Giving up after 3 attem    60      9.1
Unspecified Transmit Phase B error                            2445    369.8
COMREC error in transmit Phase B/got DCN                         2      0.3
Unable to set session parameters                                 6      0.9
DTE to DCE data underflow                                        1      0.2
Failure to train at 2400 bps or +FMINSP value; too many atte     1      0.2
RSPREC error/got DCN                                            25      3.8
                                                                 1      0.2
Unspecified Transmit Phase D error, including +FPHCTO timeou     1      0.2
RSPREC error/got DCN; Giving up after 3 attempts to send sam     8      1.2
Unspecified Transmit Phase B error; too many attempts to dia    80     12.1
No response to EOP repeated 3 times; Giving up after 3 attem     6      0.9
Unknown problem (check modem power)                              5      0.8
Unable to transmit page (giving up after 3 attempts); too ma     1      0.2
No response to MPS repeated 3 times                            123     18.6
Unable to set session parameters; Giving up after 3 attempts     1      0.2
Communication failure during Phase B/C; Giving up after 3 at     1      0.2
Unspecified Transmit Phase D error, including +FPHCTO timeou     4      0.6
No response to EOP repeated 3 times                              4      0.6
Unable to transmit page (giving up after 3 attempts); Giving   294     44.5
Job aborted by user                                              1      0.2
No local dialtone                                              167     25.3
Communication failure during Phase B/C                           3      0.5
Failure to train at 2400 bps or +FMINSP value                   43      6.5
No carrier detected; too many attempts to dial                   9      1.4
High resolution document is not supported by client, image r     1      0.2
Unspecified Transmit Phase B error; Giving up after 3 attemp     1      0.2
Document was encoded with 2DMR, but client does not support      1      0.2
Unable to transmit page (giving up after 3 attempts)           679    102.7
Call aborted,  from +FK or <CAN>                                 1      0.2
No carrier detected                                           1114    168.5
Total                                                         5119    774.3

Modem: Combined Total
[...]

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions