Re: Large number of errors with Hylafax and ZyXEL Omni modem

Dear Steve,

| I will include an awk script that you can use to parse the xferlog
| of HylaFax.  This will give a standard output that some of us on the
| mailing list can compare to.

Here is the output from your awk script.

Modem: modem
Total faxes sent:                                                      6609

Error                                                           No  Rate/1000
Busy signal detected                                            21      3.2
Failure to train at 2400 bps or +FMINSP value; Giving up aft     9      1.4
No response to MPS repeated 3 times; Giving up after 3 attem    60      9.1
Unspecified Transmit Phase B error                            2444    369.8
COMREC error in transmit Phase B/got DCN                         2      0.3
Unable to set session parameters                                 6      0.9
DTE to DCE data underflow                                        1      0.2
Failure to train at 2400 bps or +FMINSP value; too many atte     1      0.2
RSPREC error/got DCN                                            25      3.8
                                                                 1      0.2
Unspecified Transmit Phase D error, including +FPHCTO timeou     1      0.2
RSPREC error/got DCN; Giving up after 3 attempts to send sam     8      1.2
Unspecified Transmit Phase B error; too many attempts to dia    80     12.1
No response to EOP repeated 3 times; Giving up after 3 attem     6      0.9
Unknown problem (check modem power)                              5      0.8
Unable to transmit page (giving up after 3 attempts); too ma     1      0.2
No response to MPS repeated 3 times                            123     18.6
Unable to set session parameters; Giving up after 3 attempts     1      0.2
Communication failure during Phase B/C; Giving up after 3 at     1      0.2
Unspecified Transmit Phase D error, including +FPHCTO timeou     4      0.6
No response to EOP repeated 3 times                              4      0.6
Unable to transmit page (giving up after 3 attempts); Giving   294     44.5
Job aborted by user                                              1      0.2
No local dialtone                                              167     25.3
Communication failure during Phase B/C                           3      0.5
Failure to train at 2400 bps or +FMINSP value                   43      6.5
No carrier detected; too many attempts to dial                   9      1.4
High resolution document is not supported by client, image r     1      0.2
Unspecified Transmit Phase B error; Giving up after 3 attemp     1      0.2
Document was encoded with 2DMR, but client does not support      1      0.2
Unable to transmit page (giving up after 3 attempts)           679    102.7
Call aborted,  from +FK or <CAN>                                 1      0.2
No carrier detected                                           1114    168.6
Total                                                         5118    774.4

Please note that I am not concerned by the NO CARRIER errors, as I
mentioned in my earlier mails. Tell me why 37% of all my outgoing call
attempts generate the "Unspecified Transmit Phase B Error." As I said, I
am only concerned about the errors in the calls that actually get
answered, i.e. the ones that I get billed for, by the telco.

Hope you now see my point. And I'm unwilling to accept that all this is
simply a case of bad Indian phone lines. Lines are bad, yes, but not
this bad, I feel.

love,
Shuvam

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions