Re: hfaxd exits

Erik Forkalsrud wrote:

    Hi,

    I just subscribed to this mailing list, and I suspect that
    my question is answered in the archives. My ISP doesn't have
    reverse DNS, so ftp.celestial.com won't let me log in.

    Anyway, my problem is that on my new RedHat 5.0 system hfaxd
    exists as soon as I start it. In /var/log/messages I find
    the following message:

    Feb 20 16:02:28 plum HylaFAX[11471]: getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket

    strace produces the following:

    getpeername(0, 0x8077d4c, [16])         = -1 ENOTSOCK (Socket operation on non-socket)

    I'm using hylafax-4.0-8.i386.rpm but I had the same problem
    when I compiled the source locally.

    If anybody has any suggestions what could be wrong or how to
    fix this, I would be greatful. Thanks in advance.

Please check the way you start the hfaxd(1M) and check the
parameters against the manual.

	matthias

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions