HylaFAX 4.0pl1: Use multiple modems for sending alpha-pages?

I'm new to the list so this may be redundant.  Please accept my apologies if
so but I couldn't find a resolution in the archives.

For my first fax/paging server, I setup HylaFAX on my SPARC Solaris machine
using a single USR 28,800 Fax modem.  Works great.  My customer, the Georgia
DOT, is using it for personnel notifications of traffic problems.  It's
become very popular and the single modem won't hack it so I added a couple
more and thought I was done!

Today I noticed it's only using the first modem.  'faxstat' shows all three
'Waiting for modem to come ready' which seems to be the normal state
(strange).  Normal usage is to send a single page to multiple pin number at
the same server.  I know it will have to make a call for each one but does it
have to do so on the same modem?  Can't it spin up all three at once?  I've
seen postings about locking problems having to do with fax 'imaging'.  These
result in the first being sent, then the rest go in parallel.  This is not
what I'm seeing.  I've even tried running three 'sendpage' jobs to three
different pager centrals with three different pin numbers but they still end
up on the first modem.

Help!

The details:
	Sun SPARC Ultra
	Solaris 2.5.1
	HylaFAX v4.0pl1
	One USR Sportster 28,800 (on cua/b)
	Two MultiTech MT2834BR (on remote Digi PortServerII using their RealPort
drivers)

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

-Paul

--
Paul Dugas, GTC Systems
email:	pdugas@inetnow.net