Re: Modem

> "No regular expression for modem class"

This is definitely in the documentation (I got it wrong first time but
corrected it after re-reading the documentation).  Hint:  modem class is
NOT fax class.  See the config man page.

> FaxSend[1211]: SEND: Communication failure during Phase  B/C; Giving up
> after 3 attempts to send same page "docq/doc5.ps;30",

You need a much higher tracing level.  Guesses based on the limited
evidence are a flow control problem or a noisy phone line.

> My question is Where do I say (which .conf file) to the hylafax
> faxgetty (or whatever) that my modem is class2?

You shouldn't need to do this if you use a reasonable modem and follow
the install procedure++, however the answer is ModemType and it goes in
the per line configuration file.

++ The install procedure includes building from source; if you haven't
done this, start again and do so.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions