Re: Hylafax rpm issues

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997 12:51:40 -0400, Ramana Juvvadi <juvvadi@lekha.org>
wrote:

>	(1) I want hylafax to work out of the box with minimal effort
>		for the end user.

Great!  Then maybe you can answer a few more questions.

While I am not a newbe to computers, I am to hyafax, so if you are
looking for a person who does not know what he is doing to install
this package, I might be your guinie pig!  :o)

I have an RH 4.1 Linux system with a Zoom 28.8 fax modem installed.  I
know that it uses a Rockwell chipset, but am not sure which.

I installed your hylafax RPM and have upgraded it...probably twice.  I
now have hylafax-4.0-5 installed.
also:
ghostscript-5.03-2
libgr-2.0.14-2

ps tells me that the following daemon is running:
  225  ?  S    0:00 /usr/sbin/faxq

I am not sure what config files I am supposed to change.  The message
on install mentions some thiings, but I am not sure where they are
documented.  When the original modem setup program ran (before your
RPM's) , the program always hung and I got out of it with a ^C.

Is there documentation as to what I have to do next (besides reboot)?

Currently I am try ing to use sendfax.  The telephone line attached to
the modem requires a "9" to dial out and to dial my fax number for
testing I need to dial a "1".   here is what I tried:
#sendfax -d 912033674005 /etc/hosts

Here is the reasponse:
Warning, No "hylafax" service definition, using default 4559/tcp.
Can not reach server at host "localhost", port 4559.
(end of response)

This is the farthest I have gotten!

Is my command line correct?

What else do I have to do?

Can you suggest specific docs to read?

Thank you for your help.

  --  Ed Weinberg,
      Detel, Inc., An Internet Presence Provider
      edw@detel.com
      www.detel.com/
      www.serverking.com
      www.q5.com/  <-- find someone to CoolTalk or chat with here