Re: Hylafax rpm issues

Ed Weinberg writes:

 > Here is the reasponse:
 > Warning, No "hylafax" service definition, using default 4559/tcp.
 > Can not reach server at host "localhost", port 4559.
 > (end of response)

Check that following entries are present

/etc/inetd.conf

	hylafax stream  tcp     nowait  fax     /usr/sbin/hfaxd hfaxd -I

/etc/services

	hylafax 4559/tcp # HylaFAX client-server protocol
	snpp    444/tcp         # Simple Network Paging Protocol

Note that rpm post-install script tries to add these entries. If
these entries are already present the script leaves them as
they are. If you have entries from previous installation,
make sure they match this. Or if you don't want to bother, simply do
	rpm -e hyalfax
	rpm -i hyalafax

The rpm -e runs a pre-uninstall script which removes all these
entries. rpm -i just adds them back.

Make sure that there is a symbolic link /dev/modem
to one of /dev/cua*

Now look at the file /var/spool/hyla/etc/config.modem. This is
It is more than likely that it doesn't match all the parameters of your
modem

	(1) Do a 'cu -l modem' and find out as much info about
		your modem as possible with the commands

			ATI0 to ATI6
			AT+FCLASS?
			AT+FMDL?
			AT+FMFR?
			AT+FCR?

	(2) Now look at /var/spool/hyla/config. Modem parameters for
		some of the chipset are listed there. Pick what you
		think are the right set of parameters.

	(3) Now edit /var/spool/hyla/config.modem.  For a full listing
		of config parameters, do a 'man config'. Not all the
		parameters need to be listed in the config file.
		Most of the defaults work. Pay particular
		attention to

			ModemType
			ModemRate
			ModemFlowControl
			ModemSendFillOrder
			ModemRecvFillOrder
			ModemWaitForConnect
			Class2RecvDataTrigger

	     Some trial and error on these parameters should work.

This is not foolproof method. But I hope it takes you farther than
before.

Ramana

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions