Re: Unspecified Transmit Phase B error

Phil Watkinson writes:
 > This fix was also suggested by, I believe, Dave Wreski; but unfortunately
 > in neither case was the actual model of the US Robotics modem actually
 > mentioned.
 >
 > Could you let us know?

Yes, I beleive it was Dave who mentioned this, I searched through the
mail list archives.

I could not find the message you mentioned, because i dont have hyla
fax logging, yet, so I just queried the modem:

Product type           US/Canada Internal
Options                V32bis,V.FC,V.34+
Fax Options            Class 1/Class 2.0
Clock Freq             92.0Mhz
Line Options           Caller ID,Distinctive Ring
Voice Options          Speakerphone,TAD
Eprom                  256k
Ram                    64k

EPROM date             4/24/96
DSP date               4/24/96

EPROM rev              2.0
DSP rev                2.0

 > HylaFAX puts the relevant info in the syslog/messages - for instance mine
 > says :-
 >
 >         MODEM USROBOTICS SPORTSTER 28800 FAX
 >         Product Type            UK External
 >         Options                 V32bis, V.FC, V.34
 >         Fax Options             Class 1 / Class 2.0
 >         Clock Freq              20.16 MHz
 >         Eprom                   256K
 >         Ram                     32K
 >         Supervisor Date         04/28/95
 >         DSP Date                03/31/95
 >         Supervisor rev          044-6.0
 >         DSP rev                 11.3
 >
 > which, touch wood, works perfectly in a send-only environment.
 > Zdravko Balorda on the 29 May 97 mentioned that, in his opinion,
 > anything newer than this :
 >
 >         Supervisor date        04/18/95
 >         DSP date               03/31/95
 >         Supervisor rev         6.0.5
 >         DSP rev                1.0.9
 >
 > had problems in Class 2.0 mode. (Perhaps mine just snuck through).
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Phil Watkinson,
 > Boston, UK.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions